What is Towdah?


Toda in spanish means: ALL
Towdaw in Hebrew means: Praise, Confession, and Thanksgiving
Therefore I am to give ALL Praise, Confession, and Thanksgiving to God.
I know I’m called to music, worship, and praise as a central part of my life. But I’ve been pushing it off and laying it aside for FAR too long. Over the years I’ve spent lot’s of time on and off Church Platforms doing Praise and Worship. It seems that just as soon as I get anywhere close to a platform I start feeling ill, agitated, sick, nervous, scared, and depressed. It’s happened every time at every church. At one time I thought as I got closer to the calling of God and the right church it would go away. Then I realized that it was harder the better the church I was in.
Some may be tempted to call this stage fright. It’s not. I don’t have stage fright. I don’t have any kind of fright. Fear isn’t allowed in my life. It’s an enemy to a child of God. I’ve been working to remove fear. But this is more…
I was confused for a long time about this. Then I realized in prayer and study over the years that the more power of God (also known as anointing) that was present on a church, platform, and Pastor the more my reaction grew instead of shrank!!
After many years of asking the Lord about this reaction I was having I finally just decided that I couldn’t be on a platform anymore until I knew what was happening. Several years went by and the music inside grew dry. I didn’t even like listening to it. I didn’t want to be present for the worship part of the service. I all bust forgot about music. During that time God started dealing with me about the level of my intimacy with Him. I was keeping Him at a distance… as I was everyone else too. Over the last few months He’s been teaching me about prayer and closeness to Him. I’ve grown at work. I even started developing a mindset that I didn’t know I could have and that was: To embrace and not reject leadership and authority!
Then, slowly… over the last few months, especially since 2010 started, He has brought music back to me. It started back around Sept during the Days of Refreshing during Rosh Hashanah.
I am now taking an active role in bringing music back into my life as of today. I will start with this website as a central resource center for everything and Learn and Do.
Confess-Praise-Thanksgiving… These are the heart of true music!

Rosh Hashanah

תּוֹדָ
H8426towdahtō·dä’thanksgiving, praise, thanks, thank offerings, confession
1) confession, praise, thanksgiving
a) give praise to God
b) thanksgiving in songs of liturgical worship, hymn of praise
c) thanksgiving choir or procession or line or company
d) thank-offering, sacrifice of thanksgiving
e) confession
From the Root Word:
יָדָה
yadah   yä·dä’
1) to throw, shoot, cast
a) (Qal) to shoot (arrows)
b) (Piel) to cast, cast down, throw down
c) (Hiphil)
1) to give thanks,, laud, praise
2) to confess, confess (the name of God)
d) (Hithpael)
1) to confess (sin)
2) to give thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment